Sunday, May 23, 2010

Zucchini Casserole and Zucchini Bread

Parents are often their own children to me they can not eat fruit. Over the years, I am always looking for new ways to interfere with the recipes for vegetables versus the kitchen to put my kids' plates to help. We tried the spinach dip, vegetable lasagna, sauce with diced vegetables over pasta, etc.

A few weeks ago, I found a zucchini soup recipe that we all ended up in love. Of course, I took the original recipe and add your own twists is. The result was that we made a recipe from a couple of times.

I found the zucchini on sale, so I bought six. I used a recipe for six people. Recipe for zucchini slices in a circle in the skin. I actually took the skin off and zucchini in my chopper and chopped it all up.

In a large bowl, I mixed with zucchini is as follows:

5 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
1 cup mayonnaise (Miracle whip to try a slightly different taste)
1 cup shredded cheese (taste the difference between mild and sharp)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated or use fresh-packed, plastic bottles is not the cheese)
1 egg
1 finely chopped onion (I used onion flakes as my daughter does not like onions recipes)

Poured into a casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I like very dark brown, so I cooked it just a bit longer.

We have this recipe a few times, always same result, it is ready for a quick end.

We also make zucchini bread. Most recipes call for nuts. I do not care for nuts in bread, so I left it. Moreover, most recipes call for dried cranberries. I prefer the pineapple, so this recipe as raisins and cranberries, and the leaves are used instead of pineapple. I have the recipe makes two large loaves:

3 cups flour
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1-8 ounce can pineapple
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 / 2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1 / 2 teaspoon cinnamon
4.3 teaspoon nutmeg

Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add oil, vanilla and sugar. Beat about 2 minutes with an electric beater. Mix pineapple and zucchini and mix.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour zucchini mixture and mix until blended. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour. Medium must be dry when a toothpick inserted.

These are just two prescriptions to have children to be creative to eat vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment